Dr. Boulanger has been nominated to be the new CISCO chair in healthcare solutions.
The main objectives of the chair are:
- To enhance wellness, healthcare, and the clinical sciences through the use of state-of-the-art information technologies and modern engineering practices
- To emphasize on transformative changes and new directions that information technology can bring to the healthcare system from an end-to-end perspective
- To focus on effective technological transfer aiming at further strengthening the use of information technology in healthcare today
Some specific projects include:
- Visual Analytics for Tele-Health
- From Medical Imaging to Virtual Treatment Planning and Training
- Networked Collaborative Systems for Tele-immersive Consultation, Surgical Planning, Postoperative Evaluation, and Education
The duration of the chair will be from July 1, 2013 to June 31, 2023 with a mid-term evaluation after five years.