The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: Volume 9 Issue 2

http://www.cjsotl-rcacea.ca/

Dear colleagues:

We are delighted to announce the publication of Volume 9 Issue 2 of The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (CJSoTL)/La revue canadienne sur l’avancement des connaissances en enseignement et en apprentissage (RCACEA), an official, trans-disciplinary, peer-reviewed, electronic publication of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.

CJSoTL/RCACEA seeks to advance the scholarship of teaching and learning in Canadian post-secondary institutions. It therefore provides an avenue for a wide range of educators, including faculty members, administrators, academic librarians, educational developers, learning resource specialists, and graduate students, to discuss ways of enhancing student learning experiences through systematic inquiry into teaching and learning in all disciplines.

We invite submissions, in either English or French, from anyone, including international colleagues, interested in discussing teaching and learning issues that are relevant to different types of institutions in the Canadian context.

Volume 9 Issue 2 continues to exemplify this significant contribution to the SoTL literature with the following articles.

“Audio Feedback: Student and Teaching Assistant Perspectives on an Alternative Mode of Feedback for Written Assignments”
Fiona Rawle, Mindy Thuna, Ting Zhao, and Michael Kaler

“Textbook Affordability and Student Acceptance of eTextbooks: An Institutional Case-study”
Andy M. Benoit

“Turnitin(r) Use at a Canadian University”
Christine Zaza and Amanda McKenzie

“Performance, Preference, and Perception in Experiential Learning Assessment”
Jay R. Wilson, Thomas T. Yates, and Kendra Purton

“A Common Book: A Novel Approach to Teaching and Learning”
Kristen A. Ferguson, Natalya Brown, and Linda Piper

“Investigating the Relationship between Residence Learning Community Participation and Student Academic Outcomes in a Canadian Institution”
Justine O. Hobbins, Mildred Eisenbach, Kerry L. Ritchie, and Shoshanah Jacobs

“Sharing Narratives to Foster Mental Health Literacy in Teacher Candidates”
Vera Woloshyn and Michael J. Savage

“Measuring the Impact of a Weeklong Fall Break on Stress Physiology in First Year Engineering Students”
Ayesha Khan, Heather Poole, and Elliott A. Beaton

“Using Appreciative Inquiry to Understand the Role of Teaching Practices in Student Well-being at a Research-Intensive University”
Kathleen Lane, Minnie Y. Teng, Steven J. Barnes, Katherine Moore, Karen Smith, and Michael Lee

“Book Review: Overcoming Student Learning Bottlenecks: Decode the Critical Thinking of Your Discipline”
Emily Ballantyne

We invite you to read these exceptional articles and learn more about the journal by visiting http://www.cjsotl-rcacea.ca/ .

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Marquis, Senior Editor
Ken N. Meadows, Managing Editor
The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning

Leave A Reply