Imaging Programmer – University of Alberta – Multiview Echocardiography Fusion
The Servier Virtual Cardiac Centre (SVCC) is an advanced medical imaging laboratory located in the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute at the University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The SVCC focuses on the development of innovative methods for the reconstruction, post-processing and visualization of medical imaging. More information about the centre is available at http://spaces.facsci.ualberta.ca/svcc/.
We are looking for an Imaging Programmer to work on a multiview echocardiography fusion project. The position will start in May 2018, and the duration of the position will be eight months. The successful candidate will get an opportunity to interact closely with cardiologists, radiologists, research fellows and scientists from the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute and the University of Alberta. The candidate will develop an image analysis and visualization software for the multiview echocardiography fusion, and guidance will be provided for the development.
The successful candidate should be a senior undergraduate student or should have received an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field. The position requires:
- Advanced programming knowledge in Python, C++, and C.
- Computer programming experience with image processing software packages such as VTK and ITK.
- Experience with cross-platform GUI toolkits such as Qt.
- Background in post-processing of medical image data.
- Experience in high-performance computing such as CUDA and OpenCL.
- Self-motivated, independent and organized worker.
For consideration, please send your curriculum vitae and unofficial transcript to Prof. Pierre Boulanger (email@example.com) and Dr. Kumar Punithakumar (firstname.lastname@example.org) before March 31, 2018.